Meet Our Trainers!
Featuring some of our newer GFSC & CAPS trainers
Meet Ashley Denti.
Teams: 2008G Jaguars, 2011B Lightning
- GFSC 2009-Present. Head Coach.
- French Football Academy, Branchburg NJ, 2020- Present. Goalkeeper training - all ages.
- Paul Blodgett Goalkeeper Training School, NJ 2016-2018
- Head Coaching Raritan Valley Community College 2016 Fall Season
- Girls Assistant Varsity Soccer Coach Hunterdon Central Regional High School 2014-2015
- Kiddie Soccer Head Coach 2012-2015
- Far Post Soccer Head Coach 2005-2017
- Hunterdon United Soccer Club 1998-2006, Hunterdon Central Regional High School 2004-2007, Centenary College 2007-2011
- USSF: F License, E License, D License
- Advanced Youth National Diploma (USC), National Diploma (NSCAA passed with distinction), Advanced National Diploma (USC), Premiere Diploma (USC), Director of Coaching Diploma (USC), Goalkeeping Level 1 Diploma (USC), Goalkeeping Level 2 Diploma (USC)
Coaching Philosophy: To start, I absolutely love Coaching. It’s a passion that has brought me both joy and gratitude. Through coaching I have won games, leagues, championships but most importantly life lessons. Being a part of a team is one of the most incredible feelings in the world. I want to create a culture for my players that reflects that feeling and bring my players the best soccer experience possible.
Fun Fact: My dog Oliver has over 1,000 followers on TikTok! Follow @ignitestheair #olliewestie
Favorite Club: NWSL Houston Dash
Meet Andrew Kuphal.
Teams: 2005B Rangers, 2009B Rage
- GFSC Assistant Coach 2016-Present.
- GFSC Head Coach 2018-Present.
- GFSC Force, FC Copa, NCAA D3 at PSU Berks
- USSF: F License
Coaching Philosophy: My goal is to make each kid a better player and person. I want to develop their skills on and off the field.
Fun Fact: I'm adopted
Favorite Club: Liverpool
Meet Eric Halpern.
Teams: CAPS 2003B Porto, CAPS 2004G Milan
Eric has over 20 years experiencing coaching several high school and club teams including the Harrison High School Girls, Plainfield High School Boys, Middlesex High School Boys, NJ Fire Football Club, Kearny Thistle, and Valencia Soccer Academy. Eric was named the 2019 Greater Middlesex Conference Coach of the Year and the 2020 NJ.com and Home News Tribune Coach of the Year.
- Harrison High School - All State
- Scots-American Club (semi-pro) Garden State League & Cosmopolitan League
- Tri-County Over 40 League
- USSF: F License, E License, D License
Coaching Philosophy: Most important: if the game isn't fun, then something is wrong. I believe if you have knowledge, then pass it on to those who don't. Soccer, like many other sports, prepares children for life, working as a team or as a team player. All this brings hard work, responsibility, integration and creativity.
Fun Fact: I ride a Harley Davidson
Favorite Club: Liverpool
Meet Josh Brown.
Teams: 2006B Titans, 2012B Galaxy
Coaching Experience: Josh has 13 years of experience coaching in the U.S. at the premier, travel and intramural levels for soccer teams in NJ & PA. Josh brings FA Coaching Experience at Levels 1, 2 & 3 and has completed FA Youth Coaching Modules 1, 2 & 3, the NSCAA Advanced National, and FA Coaching for Disabled Soccer players as well.
- Played youth soccer from starting at age 8 and playing at junior and secondary schools and college levels
- Represented Liverpool school boys throughout multiple age groups from U11-U15
- Trials for Everton FC / Tranmere Rovers FC (Professional Level)
- USSF: F License, 7v7 and 11v11
- USSF: D License
- USSF: C License (in process; suspended due to COVID-19)
Coaching Philosophy: My goal is to create a culture for my players and teams that fosters a love for the game and that will also provide valuable life lessons both on and off the field.
Fun Fact: I was born and raised in Liverpool, England and moved to the U.S. 13 years ago to further my coaching career.
Favorite Club: Everton FC
Meet Santiago Salme
Team: CAPS 07G Chelsea
Coaching Experience: Santiago has experience across all levels of soccer, including 8 years at the collegiate level and 16 years coaching high school, grassroot and developmental academies including Olympic Development in NY and NJ.
- Semi professional USL - Waldwick Kickers, Kearny Scotts
- MLS Pro Sports with Tampa Reserve in Cocoa Beach, FL
- Rutgers University 4 year scholar athlete
- USSF: A, B, C
- United Soccer Coaches Director of Coaching, Special Topics, Youth National Diploma
- Various soccer camps and workshops - Liverpool, Real Madrid, Arsenal
Coaching Philosophy: I believe that player development is child-centered. and the need to understand the different phases of development are aligned with a complete and detailed understanding in sports performance consisting of the player's physical needs and also their social, emotional and cognitive needs. Utilizing my educational roots, I know that adapting a teaching methodology to meet the player's needs significantly improves their progress in soccer and prepares them well to tackle external obstacles off the field. My players will approach my practices with a growth mindset as we enjoy the beautiful game.
Fun Fact: I love my 49ers as I grew up watching Joe Montana and had him as my role model athlete growing up.
Favorite Club: Real Madrid - Luka Modric is my current favorite player
Meet Mike Amaya
Teams: CAPS 10B Blackburn, GFSC 11 Red Starts, GFSC 13 Rockets
Coaching Experience: Mike has been coaching with GFSC for several years and is also a current Assistant Boys Soccer Coach for Hunterdon Central Regional High School.
- Former NCAA Division III player for Lycoming College, Two-time Middle Atlantic Conference Champions (2013, 2015)
- 2x NCAAA tournament appearances, 2nd round and Sweet 16
- Former player for GFSC & NHS
- USSF: F
Coaching Philosophy: Coaching has shown me a whole new, different side of soccer. I love it because it brings joy and unlimited amounts of fun where both player and coach create a relationship of having fun and contributing to success. I want to build a culture for my players and teams that will allow them to learn life skills on and off the field. Long-term player development is a key component to building that ideal player/team and keeping the game safe, fair and enjoyable.
Fun Fact: I had the opportunity to play soccer in El Salvador and train with one of their top teams CD Aguila. Playing 4 months there gave me great experience and showed me what soccer is like somewhere else in the world.
Favorite Club: FC Barcelona and Chelsea FC