GFSC Recreational Soccer Programs
Update on Fall 2020 Rec Program due to COVID-19:
Fall 2020 Rec Season Plan (As of Sept 9, 2020)
We will offer a Fall Rec League that will be structured differently than past years to accommodate COVID-19.
- All programs will be trainer led this year.
- The weekly format will be skills and drills (all ages), followed by weekly scrimmages (U6-U18).
- Scrimmage teams will be set weekly by the trainers.
- We are still finalizing the times and locations for this program. We expect them to occur on Saturdays in Flemington between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Times & Locations (Updated 9/9/20):
- U4: 10:15-11 a.m. Saturdays at Barley Sheaf School
- U6 Girls and U8 Girls: 9-10:30 a.m. Saturdays at Barley Sheaf School
- U6 Boys and U8 Boys: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Barley Sheaf School
- U10: 9-10:30 Saturdays at Desmares School UPDATED LOCATION!
- U12: 10:45-12:15 Saturdays at Desmares School UPDATED TIME!
- U14-U18: 10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. at Clover Hill Field 2 UPDATED TIME & LOCATION!
- U4: $120
- U6-U18: $150
- Shin guards are required; soccer cleats are recommended.
- At the start of the season, each player will be given a reversible, washable pinnie that is yours to keep. Plan to bring it each week.
- The Season will run from September 12 through November 21.
- GFSC is following the NJ State Department of Health and NJ Youth Soccer Association guidelines, which do not require the use of masks for players in aerobic sports deemed medium risk, which includes soccer. (See link below). Kids can choose to wear masks if they prefer. Parents and spectators will be required to wear masks. Trainers must wear masks if they're giving instruction within 6 feet of players. If this guidance changes, we will modify our approach.
U4 through U8
Fall 2020 Birth Year Age Groups
- U8 = 2013, 2014
- U6 = 2015, 2016
- U4 = 2017, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions About Recreational Soccer
(Some of these FAQs are not applicable to the 2020 Fall Season Due to COVID-19. See Fall 2020 details above)