GFSC Recreational Soccer Programs
GFSC Spring 2021 Rec Soccer
We will offer a Spring Rec League that will be structured differently than past years to ensure optimal safety due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The U4, U6 and U8 programs will be trainer led this year.
- The weekly format will be skills and drills (all ages), followed by weekly scrimmages (U6-U18).
- Scrimmage teams will be set weekly by the trainers and coaches.
Times & Locations:
- U4: 10:15 a.m. - 11 a.m. Saturdays at Barley Sheaf School
- U6 Boys and U8 Boys: 9 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. Saturdays at Barley Sheaf School
- U6 Girls and U8 Girls: 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Saturdays at Barley Sheaf School
- U10: Games on Sundays at Desmares School, times TBC
- U12: Games Sundays at Desmares School, times TBC
- U14-U18: Games Sundays at Clover Hill Field, times TBC
For U10/U12/U14/U18, training sessions will take place during the week at a day/time specified by the respective trainers/coaches.
- U4: $120
- U6-U18: $150
- Shin guards are required; soccer cleats are recommended.
- At the start of the season, each player will be given a reversible, washable pinnie that is yours to keep. Plan to bring it each week.
- Each player will need to order your jerseys through soccer.com. A separate link will be provided with your registration confirmation to complete the ordering step. These jerseys, shin guards and soccer cleats are required, however for your convenience, soccer shorts and socks may also be ordered through the same link. The uniform kit will be reusable until a different size is required. Additional GFSC fan gear and equipment will also be available for purchase through soccer.com.
- The Season will run from April 10th through June 19/20th
- GFSC is following the NJ State Department of Health and NJ Youth Soccer Association guidelines, which do not require the use of masks for players in aerobic sports deemed medium risk, which includes soccer. (See link below). Kids can choose to wear masks if they prefer. Parents and spectators will be required to wear masks. Trainers must wear masks if they're giving instruction within 6 feet of players. If this guidance changes, we will modify our approach.
U4 through U8
- U8 = 2013, 2014
- U6 = 2015, 2016
- U4 = 2017, 2018