2021-2022 Travel Tryout Information
ALL TRYOUTS AT LENAPE PARK
2021-2022 Travel Tryout Procedures
- Purpose: The tryout process is necessary to evaluate a player’s readiness for competition at the travel level and determine placement within the travel age group. Each tryout is an “open tryout”, where players are evaluated on their technical, tactical, physical, and decision-making abilities.
- All players will register using GFSC’s TeamSnap form before participating in the tryout process. Registration must be completed online or in person on the scheduled date(s) of the tryout.
- Each prospective player will receive a tryout sticker which will have an identification number. Each player will be identified by this number throughout the tryout process and will be required to wear this number on the thigh of their shorts. We ask that players not wear any Club branded gear to tryouts.
- Each prospective player wishing to tryout and play for a GFSC team will have two opportunities to be evaluated by the GFSC Coaching Staff. Any player unable to attend a day of tryouts should contact the Director of Coaching at email@example.com.
- Tryouts are scheduled by Birth Year. If evaluators determine a player should be placed at a different age, that player will be notified.
- The tryout will consist of a warm-up, technical assessment, and small-sided games run by a professional trainer. Evaluators will be circulating throughout the tryout evaluating players based on GFSC's developmental curriculum.
- Communication of Results: At the conclusion of the tryout process, a selection meeting will take place. Communication of results from the tryouts will take place within 2 weeks after the tryout. All players will be contacted regarding the outcome of the tryouts.
- Deposit: Once selections are made, players accepting their spot will need to complete the club registration and pay the $250 non-refundable deposit. This fee will be applied to the 2021-2022 fees.
- A roster spot acceptance is only complete with this non-refundable deposit.
Thank you for trying out for GFSC! Any questions please contact the Director of Coaching at firstname.lastname@example.org
Goalkeeper tryouts will be held during appropriate Birth Year tryout sessions to evaluate the boys and girls prospective goalkeepers. A professional goalkeeper evaluator will be present to run the session and evaluate each goalkeeper. Please register for your Birth Year and select the Interested in Goalkeeper checkbox. Goalkeepers will participate in portions of the Field Tryouts as well.
Arriving at Tryouts
- Day of Tryout: Here is a simple list to make arriving at a Tryout a bit easier.
- Players should arrive 20 minutes prior to the start of the tryout.
- Players can wear attire comfortable for training, and must have cleats, shinguards, and most importantly, a soccer ball.
- Please refrain from wearing your youth club specific clothing.
- Upon arrival, players must check in at the registration table, where their attendance will be confirmed, and they will be given a tryout identification number to wear for the duration of the session.
- Players will then be directed to the area of the field in which you are to train. You will receive the same identification number when you return for the second tryout.
- Players will train for 60 minutes, and will be evaluated by members of the coaching and evaluative staff.
- We encourage players to have fun and try their best during the tryout sessions.